Retirement questions you must answer or collect the answers. If you have not addressed these and other key questions – when will you?
Retirement – Financial issues as retirement draws near
- Do I have enough to retire?
- How long will my money last?
- Should I roll over my 401(k)?
- Which is best? Ordinary or Roth?
- Should I consolidate my retirement plans?
- What are my 401(k) distribution options?
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
- What asset to spend 1st, keep to last?
- Are my beneficiary designations correct?
- Should I stretch my IRA?
- Have I told my survivors my wishes?
- Do I know what I need to know about estate and inheritance taxes?
- Is my current plan maximizing my tax deductions to my heirs?
- Should I set up a trust?
- What should I do with my home at my death?
- What is IRD?
- Am I effectively managing my estate?
- How can I give my money away, have enough retirement income, and still pass my assets to my children/grandchildren?
- How do I spend the assets I have left efficiently?
Retirement questions you must answer
Clearly we have touched on an important topic. These are simply a few questions to ask and answer.